Gluten, Dairy, Soy, Nut Free Cornbread Dressing
In this recipe for Gluten-Free Cornbread Dressing, I use a Gluten Free Cornbread recipe and Gluten-Free Biscuits. There are several biscuit recipes you can use on glutenfregii.com, or you may substitute gluten-free bread cubes, if you prefer (see recipe note below for quantity).
Enjoy Gluten-Free Cornbread Dressing ~ A traditional recipe for the perfect holiday side dish!
Gluten-Free Cornbread Dressing
- 1 recipe Gluten Free Gigi’s Gluten Free Vegan “Buttermilk” Biscuits (about twelve 2-inch biscuits or about 4 cups cubed bread)
- 1 recipe Gluten Free Gigi’s Gluten Free Cornbread
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- 1 cup celery, cut into small dice
- ½ medium sweet onion, cut into small dice
- 1 cup dried cranberries reconstituted in ½ cup warm water, optional
- 5 cloves minced garlic
- ½ Tablespoon dried ground sage
- ½ teaspoon each: salt and black pepper
- 3 cups Broth (use veggie broth for vegan OR other broth of your choice, either homemade or store-bought)
- 3 real eggs OR your choice of egg-free egg alternative – click to find a few options
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Grease a 9×13-inch baking pan.
- Crumble biscuits and cornbread into breadcrumbs. You will have about 8 cups of breadcrumbs. (You can do this in a large zip top bag with little mess.)
- If frozen previously, there is no need to thaw the bread. Simply remove the frozen bread from fridge before sautéing the celery, onions, and garlic and allow to sit at room temperature until the veggies are ready.
- Add oil to a skillet over medium heat; sautee onion and celery until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, cook, and stir for 2 minutes more. (Watch the garlic carefully, as it burns easy.)
- Place the breadcrumbs in a large mixing bowl; add cooked veggies.
- Add salt, pepper, and sage.
- Stir in broth and eggs.
- Spoon into prepared baking pan and bake approximately 45 minutes, or until set in center and golden brown around edges.
- You may also use this for stuffing a turkey, if you like.