MLS Laser Therapy
Home » MLS Laser Therapy
MLS® Laser Therapy
When a physical condition or injury affects mobility or quality of life, there is one goal: A rapid return to every-day activities.
Our Clinic is proud to be on the medical technological forefront by offering MLS Laser Therapy. We have invested in the very best technology as a key component of our continuing quest to offer you the finest in health care.
Laser therapy has been cleared by the FDA and proven successful as evidenced by extensive and credible studies conducted in our country’s finest institutions, including Harvard University.
MLS Laser Therapy uses specific wavelengths of light that have a strong anti-inflammatory, anti-edema effect on tissues that are exposed to the laser. Painful conditions accompanied by swelling or inflammation benefit from this technology.
Photons of laser energy penetrate deeply into tissue and accelerate cellular reproduction and growth. As a result of exposure to the MLS Laser, the cells of tendons, ligaments and muscles repair themselves faster. As inflammation is reduced pain subsides very quickly. In simple terms, laser energy kick-starts the healing process, thereby speeding recovery.
There are no known side-effects! Laser therapy is cleared by the FDA and is safe and effective.
10 Benefits of MLS® Laser Therapy
1. Anti-Inflammatory: MLS® Laser Therapy has an anti-edema effect as it causes
vasodilation, but also because it activates the lymphatic drainage system which drains swollen areas. As a result, there is a reduction in swelling caused by bruising or inflammation.
2. Analgesic: MLS® Laser Therapy has a beneficial effect on nerve cells. It blocks pain transmitted by these cells to the brain which decreases nerve sensitivity. Also, due to the decreased inflammation, there is less edema and less pain. Another pain blocking mechanism involves the production of high levels of pain killing chemicals such as endorphins and enkephalin from the brain and adrenal gland.
3. Accelerated Tissue Repair and Cell Growth: Photons of light from lasers penetrate deeply into tissue and accelerate cellular reproduction and growth. The laser light increases the energy available to the cell so that the cell can take on nutrients faster and get rid of waste products. As a result of exposure to laser light, damaged cells are repaired faster.
4. Improved Vascular Activity: Laser light will significantly increase the formation of new capillaries in damaged tissue which speeds up the healing process, closes wounds quickly and reduces scar tissue. Additional benefits include acceleration of angiogenesis, which causes temporary vasodilation and increase in the diameter of blood vessels.
5. Increases Metabolic Activity: MLS® Laser Therapy creates higher outputs of specific enzymes, greater oxygen and food particle loads for blood cells.
6. Trigger Points and Acupuncture Points: MLS® Laser Therapy stimulates muscle trigger points and acupuncture points on a noninvasive basis providing musculoskeletal pain relief.
7. Reduced Fibrous Tissue Formation: MLS® Laser Therapy reduces the formation of scar tissue following tissue damage from cuts, scratches, burns or surgery.
8. Improved Nerve Function: Slow recovery of nerve functions in damaged tissue can result in numbness and impaired limbs. Laser light speeds the process of nerve cell reconnection and increase the amplitude of action potentials to optimize muscle healing.
9. Immunoregulation: Laser light has a direct effect on immunity status by stimulating immunoglobulins and lymphocytes. Laser emissions are absorbed by chromophores (molecule enzymes) that react to laser light. Upon exposure to the laser, the enzyme flavomononucleotide is activated and starts the production of ATP (adenosinetriphosphate), which is the major carrier of cell energy and the energy source for all chemical reactions in the cells.
10. Faster Wound Healing: Laser light stimulates fibroblast development in damaged tissue. Fibroblasts are the building blocks of collagen, which is the essential protein required to replace old tissue or to repair tissue injuries. As a result, MLS® Laser Therapy is effective post surgically and in the treatment of open wounds and burns