Home » Diagnostic Procedures
Patients with chronic disease or multiple ill defined symptoms usually require a thorough in depth non-invasive clinical workup. Some of the available diagnostic procedures consist of the following:
- Physical & Spinal Examination – This includes examination of the major body systems including the eyes, ears, nose, throat, lungs, abdomen, and any individual examinations that need to be performed plus a spinal analysis to determine the location on any nerve conduction interference. Special physical examinations are performed when indicated by history or physical findings.
- X-Ray Examination – Because of our concern of patient exposure to radiation, x-ray examination is held to the very minimum, in some cases it is necessary to take films of the spine to determine misalignments, curvatures, and/or pathological disease processes.
- Blood Chemistry Evaluation – Multi-channel 25 blood profiles, thyroid screen and complete blood count are routinely ordered. These tests provide data to determine the nutritional, enzyme, and chemical constituents within the bloodstream which is designed to reveal any abnormal or pathological findings within the system. With very few exceptions, all blood chemistry tests that are available to the profession can be performed through this clinic. We have access to some of the most sophisticated blood tests available.
- Hair Biopsy Analysis – From hair tissue, the laboratory can determine the absolute values of sixteen essential minerals and live toxic metals contained in the system. This information is evaluated and compared with the blood chemistry and urinalysis findings to assist in determining nutrient deficiencies and/or heavy metal toxicity.
- Urinalysis – Evaluation of the urine is ordered to determine the activity in addition to routine kidney and bladder test to assess kidney and bladder disease.
- Food Allergy Testing – If the signs and symptoms so indicate, a food allergy test will be recommended. The clinic utilizes essentially 3 types of testing. The “provocative kinesiological” test, IgE and igG mediated RAST testing. It is well established that no two people react to food and their environment in the same way. Only thorough testing can determine what is good, safe, and required by the system, as well as what must be avoided to obtain that healthy state we all seek.
- Outpatient Diagnostics – Platte Valley Chiropractic has access to special outpatient diagnostics, including CAT screening, MRI scanning, bone scanning, sophisticated neurological brain testing, and other electrical diagnostics.